Can't connect to existing filters, boards or project

Yevhen Onyshchuk September 25, 2020

Hi guys,

We're using a server Jira.

I have trouble with the second step in creating a new plan.

When I'm choosing one of the existing Agile boards or any filters to connect them to the plan, the continuing loader appears.

The one successful attempt happened with the small project. Another one doesn't work. I assume because of the project size. It includes more than 5K issues. 

Please advise. 

Thanks!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2020

@Yevhen Onyshchuk - In AR the default issues limit for a plan is 5000.  If you need to increase it because business needs, then you need to enabled the ability (darkfeature) which allow your Jira Admin to bump up the limit via the AR admin UI.  

I would suggest you to contact Atlassian Support on enabling that ability.  However, you should always fine tune your filter query used on a board (used in your plan's issue source) as a best practice.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Apps Team

Viasat Inc.

Yevhen Onyshchuk September 28, 2020

Thanks, Joseph. The issue with the number limits is clear fo me. However, I can't even add the simplest filter or board as a plan source where only one issue type was selected. The reason is the same - a permanent loader (screenshot)Screenshot.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2020

Hi Yevhen,

This can happen for a number of reasons. You server may not have enough resources for the issues in the project or the number of issues returned by the filter. A lot more occurs in the background when viewing issues in a filter through Roadmaps than just viewing the same filter in the Issue Navigator. You may want to contact Atlassian Support for further assistance. Cheers!

Yevhen Onyshchuk September 25, 2020

Thanks Joshua!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events