Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I update a custom field in JIRA Portfolio? (except number and single line of text)

Siddhant Masson March 16, 2018

I'm using JIRA Portfolio on top of JIRA SW. I have defined a custom hierarchy - Feature - EPIC - Story. 

For issue type = Feature, I have setup a custom field in JIRA SW, say "My Status" which is a dropdown with value = In queue, Started, In progress, Complete, Deferred, On-hold.

During planning I want to create and edit Features in JIRA Portfolio, but not commit them to JIRA SW (so that development teams don't see this item). 

When I create this feature in JIRA Portfolio for the first time, I want to be able to update a value for this field "My Status". Is this possible? How?

(Note: I want to update this field during creation and not wait until commitment)

Currently, per my understanding any custom field (other than number or single line of text), cannot be edited in JIRA Portfolio and such custom fields are read-only. 

1 answer

0 votes
Jordan Janis June 4, 2018

Hi Siddhant,

Supposedly you should also be able to edit Single-select drop-down fields in Portfolio as well as the number and single line of text.  But I haven't been able to get it to work either.

This page specifies the three types of fields that should be editable: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/configuring-custom-fields-935577874.html

I'm watching this issue, hoping for an answer.

-jj

Andrew Harwood August 5, 2019

I have same question.

Jordan_Janis August 6, 2019

I had forgotten about this issue.

Anyway, upgraded last week form 2.17 to 3.7 and this now works in both the live plans interface and the improved interface.  So, apparently, some time in the last year this was fixed.

The improved interface also makes it much clearer which fields are supported and which are not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events