Can I grant a user access to only one page in our Confluence Site

Mike Lemmon November 30, 2020

Can I grant a user access to only one page in our Confluence Site?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2020

Yes.

From scratch:

• Create a user, let's call them Alice, make sure that
    • They can log in to Confluence
    • Alice is not in any group that is used for any access in Confluence other than "can log in"  (If for example, you have a group called "Team Bob" and "Team Bob" is named in "can use for Space "Bob's space", then Alice must not be in Team Bob)
  • Create a space
    • Grant Alice the use access to that space
    • Create a page at the top level
    • Create other pages at the top level of the space, if you need them, but put view restrictions on them that do not include Alice for view

You'll now find Alice only has access to that single page you created for them.

Mike Lemmon November 30, 2020

Hey Nic, thanks for the prompt response ... I should have noted, I'm trying to give access to a single page in our existing Space .. that has hundreds of pages ...

Is there anyway to do that?

Like Antoine [Klee Group] likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2020

Yep - you'll need to make sure your user is set up as Alice was described, then you'll need to:

• move the page you want them to see to the top level of the space it is in
  • set the restrictions on the other pages at the same level
  • set view restrictions on any pages you want to hide from them if there are any beneath the single page
  • Grant Alice access to the space
Daniel Garavito July 10, 2023

Nic, it seems like you literally described doing what Mike is attempting to avoid. Is there a way to ensure edit access is granted to a page for one individual user, without assigning any access at all/configuring restrictions for all other pages under the same space????

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2023

@Daniel Garavito yes, I had to give that answer, it's the only way to do it.

Like Morgan Watts likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events