Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get an initial plan automatically based on links?

Mats Rahm December 17, 2021

Hi.

I have started to explore Advanced Roadmaps but am struggling to understand how much that can be automatically generated and how much that has to be manually created. From some videos that I have watched, it looks like it can be created automatically, but I cannot get it to work. Maybe I have missed something.

We already have a semantic hierarchy with two custom issue types and use the Issue Split link type to describe their parent-child relationship.

I have modified the AR hierarchy setting to have the child issue type at the Epic level and the parent issue type at the level above and then I have set the Issue Split issue link type as the only AR dependency.

I then set issue sources to boards and projects that contain both parent and child issues and they all show up in the plan but all child issues are listed as not to have any parent.

Am I missing something or will this never work?

Kind regards,
/Mats Rahm

1 answer

1 vote
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2021

Hi @Mats Rahm 

What you will need to do is use the "Parent link" field. It along with the "Team" field are introduced as part of Jira premium and the Parent link field is key to having a Hierarchy above Jira epics.

You will need to set these up (see Enable custom fields used in Advanced Roadmaps in Jira | Jira Software Cloud | Atlassian Support )

and establish your desired Hierarchy (which will empower your custom issue types to be part of the actual hierarchy) Configure custom hierarchy levels in Advanced Roadmaps | Jira Software Cloud | Atlassian Support

This will replace your existing Split issue link type (which is not hierarchical).

Alfonso Leiva July 29, 2022

Hi @Curt Holley !

Would you, by any chance: 1) be able to see this comment and 2) know if there is a corresponding "children link" field?

Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events