Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bug - Added Subtask in a Portfolio Plan is created as a Defect in Portfolio for Jira

When I create a Sub-Task in Jira Portfolio Plans, it is created as Defect, instead of a Sub-Task, and all relationship to the parent is lost.

How can I avoid this?

I have tried adding all required fields to the layouts available to me (as suggested in this answer: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Advanced-Roadmaps-questions/Bug-Added-Subtask-in-a-Portfolio-Plan-is-committed-as-a-Task-in/qaq-p/1146803) but the error persists.

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

The solution was very similar to the other issue.  It was necessary to make some fields that were required in the project optional instead.  I was unable to add them to the layouts, but when our Jira Admin made them optional, the problem went away.

So, solution for this type of problem in general appears to be: make any not-visible required fields optional.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

⏰ Day in the life of a Jira Admin!

Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...

46 views 0 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you