Auto Scheduling in New Improved Interface for Portfolio?

luis.carless1 April 23, 2019

This question relates to this article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/auto-scheduling-issues-967895245.html

It mentions around using 'Auto-schedule' and a button should be present above the timeline. However, my view does not have said button and I have searched high & low but cannot find a thing?!

As you can see, this is the view I have:

PortfolioImproved.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2019

Hello @luis.carless1 

Which version of Jira portfolio server are you using?

Hi! To be honest I'm not sure, I would assume v3.0 or newer? The new planning experience seems to be something we can try on our version and looks like I can go back to the old view should I wish, if that helps?

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2019

The auto-schedule button has been released in the latest version of Jira portfolio i.e. 3.0

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolio/portfolio-for-jira-3-0-release-notes-967885175.html

The improved interface lets you do more than manually schedule issues. You can auto-schedule the issues in your plan, to construct a roadmap in a matter of seconds.

Okay thanks, but does the new enhanced Portfolio view exist for JIRA Portfolio versions before v3.0?

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2019

"but does the new enhanced Portfolio view exist for JIRA Portfolio versions before v3.0?"

No, the new UI is only for portfolio version 3.0 and onward.

Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2019

The new panning experience has been available as early as Portfolio for Jira 2.18 as part of an early access program which is what you are looking at. I'd strongly recommend updating your Portfolio app to get the most of the new experience! 

Cheers, 

Thomas

luis.carless1 April 24, 2019

Thanks for clarifying, will look into it!

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2019

Hello @luis.carless1 

If answer helped you, please accept/upvote so that other users are helped as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events