Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Initiatives and Themes available in roadmap for Classic Projects?

Deleted user October 2, 2020

I was able to configure the Issues types for Initiatives and Themes.  However I'm not clear how they get linked, and then whether they be used in a Roadmap on a Classic Project?

If there is a way, does anyone one have a clear, step-by-step document to follow?

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2020

@[deleted] - You will need to setup the issue hierarchy via the AR in addition to creating those issue types.  Here is Atlassian's documentation on the configuration setup - 

Yes, After you completed the process, you will be able conduct your linking roll-up via your AR plan by exposing the "Parent" field column (assuming you already created some issues with those issue types in your projects and include those project(s) as your AR plan's issue source.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Apps Team

Viasat Inc.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2020

@[deleted] - To see how to conduct issue linking rollup in the AR plan (regardless the project types), please see my answer provided in the following link - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Advanced-Roadmaps-questions/How-do-I-make-an-Epic-a-child-of-a-new-issue-type/qaq-p/1488815#M5578

Best, Joseph

Deleted user October 5, 2020

@Joseph Chung Yin -- thank you for responses.  My challenge (unless I'm missing something) is Advanced Roadmaps (AR) appears to only be available for Next Gen projects.  I'm trying to see whether Initiative hierarchy is possible in Roadmaps, which is what is available in the Classic Project.  

I see it as a Yes/No answer. 

If No, (it is not available) than there are no instructions. 
If Yes, (it is available) then where is the documentation for Roadmaps in Classic Projects.

I have already read through all the AR documents you have linked and they do not solve the challenge I'm facing -- we are on the Cloud, and have access to both the Classic and Next Gen Project setups, but a majority of our projects are IT-based, Classic Projects, so I'm trying to see whether I can get this functionality of hierarchy working in the projects they already have established.  

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

Regards,

~ Nancy 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2020

@[deleted] - For the CLOUD env, I would recommend you to submit a support case to your Atlassian Support team.  In my opinion, you should be able to go to your Jira Classic Type Project and add in the new issue types to your project's Issue Type Scheme.  Then you should be able to use AR to facilitate your issue roll-up association from Epic issue type.

Best, Joseph 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events