Advanced Roadmaps not including data from board, project or filter

Thayne Munson May 4, 2022

I have many advanced roadmaps plans that work very well except for one.  It is an ordinary project with a Kanban board.  I have tried setting the Issue Sources to board, project and filter and none of them work.  I am assuming there is something special about how this project is defined that is keeping it from working.  Any suggestions on what might be happening?

Thanks,

Thayne MunsonCapture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aaron Gage
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2022

@Thayne MunsonYou might check your "Exclusion Rules" to ensure that you have INCLUDED some releases.  It's seems a little counter-intuitive that they are listed under the Exclusion Rules, but if your issues are tagged with a Release (FixVersion) and that Release isn't INCLUDED, then none of those issues will show up.  The same place will also show you Releases that you have NOT selected so it really covers both.

I guess ultimately it depends how you look at the world and whether their new design makes sense.  Do you perceive it as ADDING releases to a plan that has no releases, or do you perceive it as REMOVING releases to a plan that inherently includes all releases?  That is the question....  Clearly the designers see the world as the latter view :)

Thayne Munson May 6, 2022

Thanks Aaron.  There are no releases for my project.  But, I did discover that the workflow does not update the Resolution field when closing issues.  Based on the documentation I found on Atlassian, Resolution is a critical field in Jira and could have an impact on my AR plan as well as other Jira gadgets.  

Thanks

Thayne Munson

Like Aaron Gage likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events