Ignore old sprint dates on my future plans?

Stephen Sayler January 4, 2021

Occasionally, we have a task fall out of a current sprint and into the backlog. We choose not to close it because it may have some value in the future should we decide to prioritize it again. 

These tasks are then flagged with warnings on our Roadmap, because they inherit the end date from that closed sprint which falls into the past. 

I find myself spending time putting arbitrary future end dates on these, like Dec 31 2021. While it's annoying to do this, it's less annoying than explaining a "false positive" warning on the roadmap to a stakeholder. 

Wondering if Roadmaps can/should be updated to ignore past sprint start and end dates on open issues? 

1 comment

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2021

Hi @Stephen Sayler ,

I think this is the same question that came up here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Advanced-Roadmaps-questions/User-Story-not-appearing-in-Advanced-Roadmaps/qaq-p/1567284

Rather than repeating myself, it might be worth having a read of that thread and letting me know if that answers your question?

Regards,
Dave

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events