Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Story not appearing in Advanced Roadmaps

Mike Lemmon December 30, 2020

Hi There:

I have an issue that some of my User Stories in JIRA are not appearing in Advanced Roadmaps.

When I investigated it seems that If User Story was in a Sprint that is now closed, and the User Story was moved to the backlog as it was not completed.. in Advanced Roadmaps it will still show under the Closed Sprint and not the Unassigned (Backlog)... is there a .. fix for this so that I don't have to keep checking between JIRA and Advanced Roadmaps to ensure nothing goes missing?

Thanks, have a great day. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2021

Hi @Mike Lemmon ,

Unfortunately there's not a fix for this at the moment and I agree that it is frustrating (and something that I'd personally like to get fixed!). Unfortunately it's not a high priority for us to address this at the moment but it is something that I'll try to get us to address in the future because it can result in a confusing roadmap.

It would be interesting to get your thoughts on how you'd best like to see this resolved. I believe that the intent was to show when an issue took several sprints to complete, but in the case you're describing (where the issue was returned to the backlog and not planned for a future sprint) then it is not particularly helpful. Even if you do plan it for a future sprint then it gets the appearance that it has been worked on continuously for a long period of time.

My personal preference here would be to maintain the current behaviour only if the issue is in either an in progress or completed status category (and ideally only if it was assigned to consecutive sprints). I don't think that we want to lose the behaviour where you see that work has taken many sprints to complete.

Regards,

Dave

Mike Lemmon January 4, 2021

Hey Dave:

Thanks for the response, much appreciated.As a work around I have been moving the missing User Stories into a Sprint called "Currently Unassigned", when this is brought into Advanced Roadmaps, in our Sprint Capacity view, we now have  Sprints of "Currently Unassigned" which represents something that was once in a Sprint, not completed and now not in a Sprint, as well we have the "Unassigned" Sprint which represents User Stories that have never been in a Sprint.   

This provides some additional information then just having the Unassigned Sprint.

Thanks again, have a great day.

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2021

No worries @Mike Lemmon , thanks for sharing that workaround - that's very interesting.

Typically I try and find a future sprint (knowing that it'll probably move anyway) and then specifically set the start and end dates to match the sprint so that the issue bar isn't stretched. Not an ideal solution, but I can live with it for now.

Regards,

Dave

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events