Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

track the attachments, added from Customer portal

Saida February 23, 2018

Hi, 

What kind of Attachments does the ServiceDeskComment interface show and return with getAttachments() method? 

I have tested it both for newly added files (Open the Customer Portal, attach the file to the comment, tap on Add button), and existing files (Open issue from Project Queues, open the comment dialogue, select the one of already attached files and tap to Add comment) and it returns an empty list.  

Tried to catch from listener on Custom event:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.Attachment
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.AttachmentError

def log = Logger.getLogger("com.onresolve.jira.groovy");
def issue = event.issue;

def comment = event.getComment();
log.debug "comment : " + comment;
def attachment = comment.getAttachments();

and from listener on Issue Commented event: 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.Attachment
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager

def log = Logger.getLogger("com.onresolve.jira.groovy");
def issue = event.issue;

Class serviceDeskCommentService = ComponentAccessor.getPluginAccessor().getClassLoader().findClass("com.atlassian.servicedesk.api.comment.ServiceDeskCommentService");
def serviceDeskCommentServices = ComponentAccessor.getOSGiComponentInstanceOfType(serviceDeskCommentService);

def comment = event.getComment();
log.debug "comment : " + comment;

def sdComment = serviceDeskCommentServices.getServiceDeskCommentByJiraComment(ComponentAccessor.getUserManager().getUserByName("jiraadmin"), comment);
log.debug "temp : " + sdComment;

But debug returns me result in the following way (attachments empty). 

DEBUG [jira.groovy]: comment : com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.CommentImpl@dbf8cab3
DEBUG [jira.groovy]: temp : Either.Right(ServiceDeskCommentImpl{comment=com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.CommentImpl@dbf8cab3, attachments=[], isPublic=true})

What am I doing wrong? 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Parthiban Subramaniam July 17, 2018

@Saida were you able to identify why?

I'm running in this problem and cant identify why it refuses to provide any attachments.

Saida July 23, 2018

Hi @Parthiban Subramaniam

Unfortunately not. As SR support said me, this is because when Atlassian publish the event they dont add the attachments to the event in Service Desk, and there is not any workaround to catch them. 

Khai Shaun Ng March 30, 2020

I believe this is still an issue until now. It is the same even if you listen to ServiceDeskCommentEvent, although the method is obviously available for use. Hopefully, Atlassian will solve this soon

Marina Veselić December 1, 2020

Hi,

We also have a problem with this, but in the form of getting the attachemnts that have come with an e-mail request. When we try to catch the attachemtns with the IssueCreateEvent Listener, through various methods, we can't get them.

Is there a reported bug in the Atlassian service desk that we can follow?

Cheers, 
Marina

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2022

@Saidadid you find a solution to this issue? I am running into the same problem.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events