Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why is behaviour running when form value hasn't changed.

I have behavior that is attached to a custom field (Client Type).  If the Client Type changes, I need to reset another custom field (State) to None so that the user has to pick it again.

This works fine while making changes to different fields on the form, but the behavior also runs when I submit the Create form and wipes out the other custom field so the form throws an error because the 2nd custom field is required and has been reset to None.

The value of the Client Type field did not change but the code is still running.  I have verified the through logging.

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import org.apache.log4j.Level

log.debug("Running Client Type field code")

def ClientTypeField = getFieldById(getFieldChanged())
def selectedClientType = ClientTypeField.getValue().toString()
log.debug("Client Type = " + selectedClientType)

def stateField = getFieldByName("State")
stateField.setFormValue(null)

Why is the behavior running when I submit the form???

2 answers

Hi Margaret,

It's possible caused by this bug here: Field server-side behaviour scripts trigger when create/edit window opened before the user has interacted with the field

When you submit the form and an error message is thrown, it reload the screen and the field server-side behaviour scripts triggered before/without interacting with the field.

0 votes

That is not my experience...

What I normally see is that the script runs once when you open the screen (be that for create, edit or any transition) and the form is initialized with its starting value. FOr create that could be "null" or the default value for the context. For edit/transition, that would be with the value coming from the issue object in the back-end.

Then, it executes only when you change the value.

I've never seen it executing when submitting the form.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍂📹 Apptoberfest demo contest roundup: vote for your favorite demos!

Hi Community! The submissions are in (and listed below) for the 🍻🍂Apptoberfest🍂🍻 Demo Competition and it’s time for you to place your votes for the best: Analytics & reporting app demo ...

236 views 6 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you