Validation of versions select custom field

Hi,

I want to add a validation when creating an issue, the definition is to check one field (called ‘Found In’) which is a Select List (single choice) custom field, and if the value in it is A or B then check if another field has a value. The second field is a Version Picker (single version), called ‘Release’.

I tried using the script runner simple script validation, but I don’t know how to get the value of the Release field, and also how to ask for the A OR B. checking just for one works.

Can someone help with the needed validation code ?

Thanks,
Alon

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Dec 06, 2017

Hello,

It could be like this

if (ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("single select").getValue(issue).toString().equals("A") || ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("single select").getValue(issue).toString().equals("B")) {

if (ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Release").getValue(issue).size() > 0) {

return true;

} else {

return false;

}

} else {

return true;

}

Thank you for your answer.

It didn't work as you wrote, but it pointed me in the right direction.

I think the problem was getting the value for the version picker field.

Here is what I ended up with:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager;

CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager();
// get "Release" field
CustomField customField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_11434");
def currentValue = issue.getCustomFieldValue(customField)

// if (ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("single select").getValue(issue).toString().equals("A") || ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("single select").getValue(issue).toString().equals("B")) {
if ((cfValues['single select']?.value == 'A' ) || (cfValues['single select']?.value == 'B' )) {
if (currentValue)
{
return true ;
}
else{
return false;
}
}
else {
return true;
}

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,063 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot