Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition an issue with Scriptrunner Listener partially working

joseantonio_partidahuerta7 August 20, 2020

Hi,

I'm currently working in a sciptrunner Listener and what I'm attempting to achieve is that I have two different projects and once a ticket on Project "A" reach to "In Progress" status, Listener will catch the Generic Event and will transition an Issue on Project "B".

So far I'm testing transitions on one project only and I'm able to successfuly do the transition, but on the problem is that on the ticket I'm still seing the name of previous status, so transition are success but the name it's being stuck from previous status.

Now the odd part is that if I execute the same code on Scriptrunner console, transition are success too and the status name it's the current one not the previous as it happens with the Listener.

Below it's my Listener code, the only difference I do when I execute it on the console it's when I get the issue objet, so instead of issueMgr.getIssueObject(event.issue.key)
I use issueMgr.getIssueObject("KEY-123"):

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.bc.issue.IssueService
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueInputParametersImpl

def currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()

def cfMgr = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
def envCf = cfMgr.getCustomFieldObject('customfield_12412')

def issueMgr = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()
def issue = issueMgr.getIssueObject(event.issue.key)
IssueService issueService = ComponentAccessor.getIssueService()

def actionId = 281 // change this to the step that you want the issues to be transitioned to
def transitionValidationResult
def transitionResult

if(issue.getStatus().name.equals("In Progress")){
log.debug "${issue.getCustomFieldValue(envCf)} ${issue.getStatus().name}"
transitionValidationResult = issueService.validateTransition(currentUser, issue.id, actionId, new IssueInputParametersImpl())

if(transitionValidationResult.isValid()){
transitionResult = issueService.transition(currentUser, transitionValidationResult)

if(transitionResult.isValid()){
log.debug "Transitioned issue $issue through action $actionId"

}
else{
log.debug "Transition result is not valid"

}
}
else{
log.debug "The transitionValidation is not valid"

}
}

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Marina Veselić August 31, 2023

Hi Jose Antonio, 

I have stumbled upon your post because I have an exact problem. In the listener, after a generic event, I transition an issue based on a few parameters. The issue successfully transitions, but the status label on the issue remains from the previous status. All the transitions available are from the status the issue is supposed to be. 

After I run the integrity checker, there is an issue that the issue is not in the correct wf status.. 

Did you succeed in resolving this issue? even if it is from three years ago? :)

Cheers,
Marina

Marina Veselić August 31, 2023

It seams that the answer lies in: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Make-transition-in-listener/qaq-p/1973631

The listener needs to "wait" for the previous transition/update to finish reindexing. 

Cheers,
Marina

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events