Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show transition if current user is in same group as group picker field

Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2017

I would like to show a transition on an issue only if the current user belongs to the group selected in the group picker field on that issue. 

For example, the group picker on the current issue is set to "Group A." If the current user belongs to the group called Group A, show the transition. If the current user is not in the group, hide the transition. The group picker may be set to Group A, Group B, Group C, etc. so it cannot be a static string in the condition. 

I have not used Groovy scripting yet, but DO have Script Runner installed. Just not sure how to write anything in Groovy.

In short terms, I need to show my 'Assign To Me' transition on an issue if the current user is in the same group as the group picker value.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2017

You don't need scriptrunner to be able to do this in JIRA.   All you need to do is edit the workflow, select the transition in question, and the add a condition called "User is in group custom field":

condi1.png

Once you do this, you then have to select the custom group field in question. In my case my group picker custom field name was GP1:

condi2.png

From that point you just have to publish the workflow.   I was then able to make sure that if my user was in that group, they could see that transition, whereas other users not in that group cannot see this transition.

Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2017

I have no clue how I wasn't able to figure this out. I have loads of workflow conditions/post functions and for some reason never knew this option was there. Hilarious! Thank you SO much!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events