cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Approver Based on the Requestor's Group

Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2018

Hi Community. I'm new to groovy and I just want to seek help here. How can I set approver/s based on the requestor's group upon creation using post function scriptrunner

For example , Requestor 1 belongs to the Group 1 and Requestor 2 belongs to the Group 2 , if Requestor 1 creates a ticket, Approver must be the Approver 1 , and same rule applies to Requestor 2

any comments/suggestion is really appreciated. If you have sample code to work on, that would be great. Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2018

Hi Alvin, 

Assuming your approvers field is a multi user-picker type custom field and requestor is the user creating the issue, the code for a post function is as follows. Make sure to put in on your 'Create' transition.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField
import com.atlassian.jira.security.groups.GroupManager
import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser
import com.atlassian.jira.user.util.UserManager

ApplicationUser currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()
GroupManager groupManager = ComponentAccessor.getGroupManager()
UserManager userManager = ComponentAccessor.getUserManager()
CustomField approversField = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("approversFieldName")
List<ApplicationUser> approversList = new ArrayList<>()

Map<String, String> approverMap = new HashMap<>()
approverMap.put("group1", "approver1")
approverMap.put("group2", "approver2")

Collection<String> groups = approverMap.keySet()
for(int i = 0; i < groups.size(); i++){
if(groupManager.isUserInGroup(currentUser, groups[i])){
approversList.add(userManager.getUserByName(approverMap.get(groups[i])))
break
}
}
issue.setCustomFieldValue(approversField, approversList)
Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2018

Hi @Ivan Tovbin , Thank you for a quick turn-around , I already have a script but will definitely try this one. Thanks! I think you might help me with my another question about hashmap, multikeymaps. I have raised another question here in the community

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2018

I will definately take a look at your other question. In the meantime, please mark this solution as 'Accepted' if it resolved your issue.

Cheers!

Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2018
2 votes
Jonathan Muse _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2018

Hi, my name is Jonathan, I manage an app called Power Scripts. I see you already have the answer you're looking for but I thought I might share this in case anyone ready this is not a hardcore groovy developer who does not know off the top of their head which classes to import and how to maintain those classes during upgrades. Plus, I think it is a lot easier to read and write. I created this script, like most I write, in less than 5 minutes without doing any research first.

For example, instead of writing this line that does not even fit in the window:

CustomField approversField = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("approversFieldName")

I can just call the field like this:

approver

Makes the script a lot easier when I can just call the fields by name. Anyway, here is the script:

struct grpApprv {
    string group;
    string approver;
}

grpApprv [] gas;

gas += {"group1", "Approver1"};
gas += {"group2", "Approver2"};

for(grpApprv ga in gas) {
    if(userInGroup(ga.group, currentUser())) {
        #{Approvers} += ga.approver;
    }
}