Scriptrunner "...couldn't be loaded. It has one or more errors that prevent it from being enabled"

Aleksandr Karev January 22, 2018

Hi!
I run into an error with Scriptrunner plugin. I see the "This add-on couldn't be loaded. It has one or more errors that prevent it from being enabled." in Manage add-on menu.
It happend after I made and applay the changes in "Script Fragments". I think I made a mistake there because an 500 browser's error appeared over time:
"Cause
Referer URL: http://server:port/plugins/servlet/scriptrunner/builtin?section=fragments
com.atlassian.soy.renderer.SoyException: Unable to compile Soy templates at: com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner:project-soy"
I made an investigation about the error, increased the plugin timeout period (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-I-solve-quot-This-add-on-couldn-t-be-loaded-It-has-one-or/qaq-p/138409), cleared the plugin cache, restart JIRA application. Now I see the the error what I aforemantioned.

Can somebody help to figure out this problem?

I wouldn't like to uninstall this plugin because I made some tasks that sucessefully works.

JIRA Software v7.1.9 

Scriptrunner v 4.3.13

Atlassian-jira.log

"JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] There was an error loading the descriptor 'Users Roles' of plugin 'com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner'. Disabling.
com.atlassian.plugin.PluginParseException: Could not load class: my.groovy
at com.atlassian.plugin.module.LegacyModuleFactory.getModuleClass(LegacyModuleFactory.java:37)
at ..."

4 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 23, 2018

@Aleksandr Karev sorry your post got stuck in the spam quarantine! But hopefully Thanos's link will help you :) 

Aleksandr Karev January 23, 2018

Hi
Why did it get stuck in n the spam quarantine? I can't understood the reason my post was deleted and that's why I made it much times. And... one of deleted post rose again. Hopefully aren't there zombies on this portal?
I'm not so sure the problem related only with Scriptrunner because I can't delete it from JIRA which seems to me the JIRA problem...

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 8, 2022

@Aleksandr Karev our spam queue is automated and sometimes there are false positives where it thinks your post is spam when it is not. We monitor regularly and when we see your post is not spam we will set it free. That's why it rose again!

0 votes

This a horror like a zombie story...

What have been done:
1) Uninstalled ScriptRunner plugin
2) Stopped JIRA application
3) Cleared cache of JIRA.
4) I tried to looking for files and context with "groovy" in "/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/scriptrunner" and "/var/atlassian/application-data/gpbjira/scripts/". Nothing found.
5) Removed folders "/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/scriptrunner" and "/var/atlassian/application-data/gpbjira/scripts/"
6) Started JIRA application
After that I see ...disabled ScriptRunner plugin in "Manage add-ons".

And the same log text:
"2018-01-23 17:25:03,555 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] There was an error loading the descriptor 'Users Roles' of plugin 'com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner'.
Disabling.
at com.atlassian.plugin.module.LegacyModuleFactory.getModuleClass(LegacyModuleFactory.java:37)
"

ScriptRunner for JIRA plugin is a zombie!
I remove him and he raise again!
Help me to find a silver ...!

Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2018

Hey @Aleksandr Karev

Could you please submit a support request on https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2

Would be really helpful if you could submit you application logs as well. 

Thanks

Thanos

Hi!
Thanks a lot for reply!
The request (+log) was submitted...

Aleksandr Karev February 12, 2018

Maybe somebody interesting how to fix this issue in the same situation...

It is impossible to fix the issue. It It is nessesary a copy the database in a new enviroment and remove the config. In other words a new enviroment should be recreated.
Maybe in future will be made a feature which can solve such problems...

0 votes

This a horror like zombie story...

What have been done:
1) Stopped JIRA application
4) I tried to looking for files and context with "groovy" in "/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/scriptrunner" and "/var/atlassian/application-data/gpbjira/scripts/". Nothing found.
5) Removed folders "/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/scriptrunner" and "/var/atlassian/application-data/gpbjira/scripts/"

And the same log text:
"2018-01-23 17:25:03,555 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] There was an error loading the descriptor 'Users Roles' of plugin 'com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner'.
Disabling.
"

ScriptRunner for JIRA plugin is a zombie!
Help me to find a silver picket!

0 votes

This a horror like zombie story...

What have been done:
1) Stopped JIRA application

And the same log text:
Disabling.
"

ScriptRunner for JIRA plugin is zombie!
Help me to find a silver arrow!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events