Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScriptRunner to update a custom field when JIRA service desk public comment added

Louis Wang June 23, 2017

Hi, I would like to ask a questions. How can I script with ScriptRunner f9r updating a custom field (type: date) when JIRA service desk "public" comment (from customer or agent's comment shared with customer) added.

The purpose of this is to keep "last customer interacted date" for each ticket. Only customer feedback and agent's comments to customer will be counted. Internal comment creation time will be ignored.

Thanks for your technical sharing. 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2017

Hello Louis.

You would add a custom listener to an issue. That triggers on "Issue Commented" event.

Aftewards, in the script you would check if the event is an internal or a public comment, and update the customfield accordingly. 

There are a lot of examples in both this community and our official documentation on how to do parts of this. In my opinion you should search for:

1. How to update a custom field.

2. How to see if a comment event is public or not?(this would most certainly be in the atlassian official java api documentation)

With examples of both of this you should be able to create that script.

Does this make sense? If you want a more specific example for this you might have to wait awhile because we are currently flooded and custom scripting is something that takes us a bit of time.

Cheers.

Dyelamos 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events