[ScriptRunner] How to hide customField with Issue Created Listener

Stanislav Caja September 8, 2017

Hello,

I just stucked at problem of hiding customField. What I am trying to do is that when you create an Issue you set some customField values. According to those value we have another ScriptedField that generates URL but we don't want to have those two next to each other so we decided to hide customField when Issue is created.

We need to have it just hidden, because of further edit. When we click edit, we still be able to edit the field, once is edited for example new label is added our scripted field generates new url, but still customField will be hidden in Details Window.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2017

Hi Stanislav,

I think that a ScriptRunner behaviour would work better for this. 

You could add a behaviour to the customField you want to hide. Using a server-side script, you could hide the field on the create screen like this:

def customField = getFieldByName("TextFieldA")

customField.setHidden(false)

// check to see which screen you are on
if (getActionName() == "Create Issue") {
// hide field during issue creation
customField.setHidden(true)
}

Simply change the first line to match the name of the field you're trying to hide.

Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 3.36.05 PM.png

Stanislav Caja September 12, 2017

Hello,

thank you for you answer. I found a different way that was better for out situation.

Best regards,

Stanislav Caja.

Patrick Heidel July 22, 2021

Is there any other option? If You use Behaviours the CustomField will further be shown on DetailView. 

We need an option to turn this off, or hide a field directly within a Listener.

Like Larry Asakura likes this
Larry Asakura September 27, 2021

I have the same question as @Patrick Heidel 

Like Patrick Heidel likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events