Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
4,361,227
Community Members
 
Community Events
168
Community Groups

ScriptRunner Enhanced Search loops endlessly with no results

When I'm executing an enhanced search with the ScriptRunner Enhanced Search interface (I'm using Atlassian Cloud) my query will execute and not provide results.  The "in progress" loop will cycle endlessly beside the "0-0 of 0" string.  Issues are synced.  The query is syntactically correct.  The query should produce results. 

If I save the query (say, as "enhanced search 1"), then go to a JIRA jql search and write filter = "enhanced search 1", I will get search results-- why won't they show in the search results pane in the ScriptRunner Enhanced Search interface?

I need to close the tab or browser and start another in order to write another enhanced search query. 

1 answer

Hi Greg, can you paste your query here? Are there any errors listed in the Developer Console in your browser?

saved enhanced filter: "COPS SDLC release 1 epic children"
 issueFunction in issuesInEpics("fixversion = "CDLC and SDLC release 1"")


saved enhanced filter: "COPS SDLC release 1 epic grandchildren"
 issuefunction in subtasksOf("filter = 'COPS SDLC release 1 epic children'")


JQL query which provides reults (both at Story/Task and sub-task lebvels):
 filter = "COPS SDLC release 1 epic children" OR filter = "COPS SDLC release 1 epic grandchildren"


Attached is a screenshot of the web console output.

SR web console.jpg

Hi Greg - which of those 3 queries does not show results in the Enhanced Search page? How long have you waited for it to show results?

Do you know roughly how many epics you have assigned to the specified fixVersion?

Thanks,
Jon

The two Enhanced Search queries were the ones running endlessly. (COPS SDLC release 1 epic children and COPS SDLC release 1 epic grandchildren).

11 Epics are link-searched.

The first search results in 78 issues, the second in 31 issues.

 

Oddly, the searches are all now reporting results.  I don't know what our "backend system admin" did (if anything) over the last week or two that would have made a difference.  While embarrassed now, at least the system is responding. 

 

If I have this symptom again in the future, what do you recommend I check?

Hi Greg, we had a bug in one of our epic-related JQL functions which we fixed the other day - so that might have resolved your problem!

If this occurs again in the future, don't hesitate to get in touch here: https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/create/110

Thanks!  Bookmarked the link :) 

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Online AMA this week: Your project management questions answered by Jira Design Lead James Rotanson

We know that great teams require amazing project management chops. It's no surprise that great teams who use Jira have strong project managers, effective workflows, and secrets that bring planning ...

205 views 1 6
Read article

Atlassian Community Events