ScriptRunner Enhanced Search loops endlessly with no results

Greg Sarcona March 19, 2018

When I'm executing an enhanced search with the ScriptRunner Enhanced Search interface (I'm using Atlassian Cloud) my query will execute and not provide results.  The "in progress" loop will cycle endlessly beside the "0-0 of 0" string.  Issues are synced.  The query is syntactically correct.  The query should produce results. 

If I save the query (say, as "enhanced search 1"), then go to a JIRA jql search and write filter = "enhanced search 1", I will get search results-- why won't they show in the search results pane in the ScriptRunner Enhanced Search interface?

I need to close the tab or browser and start another in order to write another enhanced search query. 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Jon Bevan [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2018

Hi Greg, can you paste your query here? Are there any errors listed in the Developer Console in your browser?

Greg Sarcona March 20, 2018

saved enhanced filter: "COPS SDLC release 1 epic children"
 issueFunction in issuesInEpics("fixversion = "CDLC and SDLC release 1"")

saved enhanced filter: "COPS SDLC release 1 epic grandchildren"
 issuefunction in subtasksOf("filter = 'COPS SDLC release 1 epic children'")

JQL query which provides reults (both at Story/Task and sub-task lebvels):
 filter = "COPS SDLC release 1 epic children" OR filter = "COPS SDLC release 1 epic grandchildren"

Attached is a screenshot of the web console output.

SR web console.jpg

Jon Bevan [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2018

Hi Greg - which of those 3 queries does not show results in the Enhanced Search page? How long have you waited for it to show results?

Do you know roughly how many epics you have assigned to the specified fixVersion?

Thanks,
Jon

Greg Sarcona April 4, 2018

The two Enhanced Search queries were the ones running endlessly. (COPS SDLC release 1 epic children and COPS SDLC release 1 epic grandchildren).

11 Epics are link-searched.

The first search results in 78 issues, the second in 31 issues.

Oddly, the searches are all now reporting results.  I don't know what our "backend system admin" did (if anything) over the last week or two that would have made a difference.  While embarrassed now, at least the system is responding. 

If I have this symptom again in the future, what do you recommend I check?

Jon Bevan [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2018

Hi Greg, we had a bug in one of our epic-related JQL functions which we fixed the other day - so that might have resolved your problem!

If this occurs again in the future, don't hesitate to get in touch here: https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/create/110

Greg Sarcona April 6, 2018

Thanks!  Bookmarked the link :) 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events