Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Script to Spawn

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm not finding anything in a quick search so here goes...

we do NOT have JSD so we use a generic 'consult project' for general requests.  I'm looking to spawn/create an issue in a different project based on a workflow transition and the value in a field. 

Example: someone submits a ticket for a consult.  either they, or they assignee IDs a team, project, value in a custom field that will own this.  I dont want to move the ticket to the new project, it needs to work through the consult workflow.  if it hits something like "consult requested" in the workflow, i need a new issue to generate in a different project.  

Hope that makes sense,  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

That is fairly straightforward to accomplish with a Workflow PostFunction on the "Request Consult" transition.

• From the workflow edit screen, click on the transition and go to the post functions.
  • Click on add post function
  • Select Script Post-Function [ScriptRunner] and click add
  • Click on "Clones and issue and link"

Then, click add a follow the documentation for how to fill in the details: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.5.3/jira/builtin-scripts.html#_clones_an_issue_and_links

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

53 views 0 0
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you