Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only add specific organizations when creating a ticket

Hannah Graebener February 22, 2018

Hi all together,

we are using Scriptrunner in our JIRA / JSD environment.

I implemented the functionality from this post: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/auto-add-organization-on-creation-of-ticket/qaq-p/25440 It works perfectly fine.

I would now like to modify it a little bit. The idea is to only add two specific Organizations whenever a ticket is created. I am totally new to groovy and also my knowledge of Java is just little.

My idea is to loop the variable "organizationsToAdd" and if the value is like my needed organization the script should add it to the customfield.

Something like this:

for (int i = 0; i< organizationstoadd.length; i++){ 
    if (organizationsToAdd[i].name == "org1" || organizationsToAdd[i].name == "org2" )continue
    else delete organizationsToAdd[i]
}

My problem is now that I don't know what "organizationService.getOrganizations(currentUser, organizationsQuery)?.right()?.get()?.results" returns and how I can access it. Is it an array or a list?

Can you perhaps give me hint how I can find out what is returned by methods and stuff like this in general?

I tried log.debug() but it is not writing anything in log console of Scriptrunner.

I would be really really happy if you can help me a little bit

Many thanks and best regards

Hannah

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2018

Ok Hannah, 

Try the following in a script listener 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.ModifiedValue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.DefaultIssueChangeHolder
import com.atlassian.servicedesk.api.ServiceDeskManager
import com.atlassian.servicedesk.api.organization.CustomerOrganization
import com.atlassian.servicedesk.api.organization.OrganizationService

def serviceDeskManager = ComponentAccessor.getOSGiComponentInstanceOfType(ServiceDeskManager)
def serviceDeskProject = serviceDeskManager.getServiceDeskForProject(issue.projectObject)

// if the project is not a Service Desk one then do nothing
if (serviceDeskProject.isLeft()) {
log.error "${serviceDeskProject?.left()?.get()}"
return
}

def cf = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Organizations")
def organizationsToAdd = getOrganizations("Organization B", "Organization C")

cf.updateValue(null, issue, new ModifiedValue(issue.getCustomFieldValue(cf), organizationsToAdd), new DefaultIssueChangeHolder())

List<CustomerOrganization> getOrganizations(String... organizationNames) {
def adminUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().loggedInUser

def organisationService = ComponentAccessor.getOSGiComponentInstanceOfType(OrganizationService)
def organizationQuery = organisationService.newOrganizationsQueryBuilder().build()
def organization = organisationService.getOrganizations(adminUser, organizationQuery)

if (organization.isLeft()) {
log.warn "${organization?.left()?.get()}"
return null
}

organization.right().get().results.findAll { it.name in organizationNames }
}

You may get some errors in the UI but are because of the static type checking, so you can safely ignore them. If you think that the script does not work as expected, check the application logs.

Please let me know how this went.

Regards, Thanos

Hannah Graebener March 6, 2018

Many many thanks Thanos! It is working as expected!

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2018

That's great.

Sorry for the delayed response, but we were a bit busy with developing this period. 

Regards, Thanos

Paul Tandy April 8, 2019

@Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_ 

Hi Thanos,

I have my very own Endgame fast approaching!

Similar to Hannah, When a ticket is created via the customer portal, we need all the Organizations the (Reporter) has been associated with auto-assigned to the issue. 

I have found/implemented the script on your website, however it returns ALL Orgs linked to the project regardless of the (current reporters) association

I would like to edit the script if possible, but as a total novice to scripting I don't no were to start or the correct syntax? 

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.4.47/jira/recipes/workflow/servicedesk/email-linked-issue-watchers.html#_3_add_the_script

We are running JIRA v7.12.3 and JSD 3.8.1

Thanks Paul 

0 votes

Hey,

is there nobody who can help me with this? :-/

Thanks and BR
Hannah

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2018

Hy Hannah,

Which service desk version you use ?

Hi Thanos,

we use JSD 3.8.1 with JIRA 7.5

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events