Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No "Scripted Field" type exists for custom fields

GeoffL February 13, 2020

I'm trying to create a calculated field for a Jira project.  I'm running Jira Cloud.  I'm trying to follow the Adaptavist docs at https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.0.4/jira/scripted-fields.html

In the "Getting Started" section, the docs say to add a new custom field, choose Advanced and then Scripted Field:

Capture2.PNG

There is no 'Scripted Field' option in my install: 

Capture.PNG

I have ScriptRunner for Jira installed:

Capture3.PNG

Is there some way to enable Scripted Field that I'm missing?  

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2020

Hi Geofl,

So that I can advise further on your question can I please ask are you using ScriptRunner for Jira Server/Data Center or ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud?

Regards,

Kristian

GeoffL February 14, 2020

I'm running Jira Cloud

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2020

Hi GeofL,

Thank you for your response.

I can confirm the documentation you have referenced above is for ScriptRunner for Jira Server and not for ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud. I can confirm you can see the documentation for ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud here.

I can also confirm that the ScriptRunner for JIRA Cloud plugin is unable to provide the same Script Fields functionality that the server version is able to provide.

The reason we are unable to provide this functionality is due to the restricted functionality and API's which Atlassian provide inside JIRA Cloud, due to the fact that Atlassian only provides a Rest API in Jira Cloud and not the same Java API that the server version contains.

You can see more detailed information on the differences between ScriptRunner for JIRA Cloud and ScriptRunner for JIRA Server inside of the documentation page located here.

I can, however, confirm that the closest functionality to a Script Field that can be achieved in Jira cloud is a Script Listener which calculates a value on an issue as described inside of the documentation page here.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

GeoffL February 14, 2020

Thanks Kristian, I'll try the Script Listener.  

It might be worth being a little clearer on the "ScriptRunner for Jira" pages that Jira doesn't include Jira Cloud.  That's a bit counter-intuitive for a newbie

Cheers

Geoff

Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2020

Hi Geoff,

I will feed this information back to our documentation team.

Thanks,

Kristian

Adriana Cakembergh Mas December 23, 2022

Same issue here. It would be helpful if this information was updated here: https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JMCF/pages/141892330/Calculated+Scripted+Number+custom+field+type.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events