Modifying History in Insight using Groovy

Georg May 24, 2023

Hello everyone!

I have recently started working with Jira using Groovy scripts. I have found ways to work with the history of Insight objects link. Despite the availability of methods such as setNewValue(), setType(), and so on, for modifying the fields of HistoryBean, I only see these changes within the same script when I retrieve the list of HistoryBean again. However, the Jira interface doesn't reflect any changes.

Question: How can I correctly modify HistoryBean? Is it possible to create a new HistoryBean object using a script?

Thank you!

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Graham Twine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2023

Hello  @Georg ,

In a few places in the system one needs to call a 'save' after something is modified.

This may of some use to get you going

Georg May 30, 2023

Hello Graham!
Thank you for the prompt response. I understood which direction to move in. However, in the example, a new mutable object is created, and I couldn't find any ways to save it except for the method "objectFacade.storeObjectBean(object)" which accepts a newly created object.
Are there any methods with simpler logic, like save()/update()?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events