Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing REST end point and Behaviours feature on Script runner for JIRA cloud

shrikant maheshwari August 11, 2022

HI All, 

I have many Rest End points and Behaviours Scripts in JIRA server and now when migrating to JIRA cloud , the script runner for JIRA cloud does not support the below features - 

1) REST end points

2) Behaviours

Could you let me know what can be the alternative for that ?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2022

So the quick answer is that Atlassian did not build Cloud in a way that enabled us to do all sorts of things we could do on server.  (That "we" is not just Adaptavist, it's all of us)

Behavriours and REST endpoints need a lot of support from Atlassian, and it's mostly not there.

That said, we (Adaptavist) have been working with Atlassian to move to being able to support stuff like this, and in May, we were able to release a Beta for Behaviours - see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Behaviours-for-Jira-Cloud/ba-p/2034151

REST endpoints are also on the list...

shrikant maheshwari August 15, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Hey Nic,

I also came to know from some of the folks from Atlassian about this but could you let me know when would REST end points feature be available in Script runner cloud ?

Also could you let me know if there are any other plugins or workaround available for having REST end points working in JIRA cloud ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2022

I  don't have a timeline for this yet.

There's no other app that does it because Atlassian doesn't yet support apps that can.  And there's nothing to "work around", it's a function that simply is not there.

shrikant maheshwari August 16, 2022

thank you Nic

shrikant maheshwari August 17, 2022

Hi Nic,

Could you please share me the link from where i can download the Beta version of Script runner for JIRA Cloud.

I have currently installed the script runner on jira cloud but it does not have Behaviour feature ?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events