cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mentioning the user with @ symbol in custom fields not working

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2019

Hi,

We are using Jira software 7.13.2 version and trying to mention the user with @ symbol in custom field wiki style render but it is not working. I can see it working only for system fields like comment, description. It will not work for custom fields?

ex: @Omprakash

Does anyone has any idea?

Thanks,

Om

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2019

Unfortunately, it looks like this is still not a feature that's available. You can go vote for that feature in the URL below.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-32563

0 votes
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2019

Let me know if you need any additional help or please mark this as answered if it answers your question.

0 votes
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2019

Hello Omprakash,

You need the Browse Users permission to do this and this is a global permission. Here is a link to help guide you on how to make that change. Hope this helps!
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-global-permissions-776636359.html

browse users.pngPlease mark this as answered if it answers your question.
Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2019

@edwin vasquez unfortunate. It doesn't work for me. I have the permission to browse users. We actually set to jira-users group so everyone can do this, whoever logged into Jira. Even I am able to do this in Comments, description field but not in custom field. Did you able to do this on your environment ?

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2019

Unfortunately, it looks like this is still not a feature that's available. You can go vote for that feature in the URL below.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-32563

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events