Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of Scriptrunner scripts on Jira Data Center

Paul Romanus November 13, 2020

hello, where should the ./scripts and ./scriptrunner directories be located when using Jira Data Center? The default/installation directory is created on the (Ephemeral/Non-replicated) 'local home' directory? But in a clustered environment this isn't shared between instances: 

should me specify a replacement/new 'script root' on the shared drive as per: 

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/6.13.1/jira/

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2020

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that when running Jira Data Center that you need to ensure that you place all of your scrips inside of the shared-home/scripts directory as this is a shared Jira home directory which is shared across all nodes inside of the data centre instance.

I can confirm that Atlassian has produced a guide located here on how to set up a shared Jira home directory that you can follow if you need to set this up.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

Paul Romanus November 16, 2020

Thanks Kristian, Joshua for your time and consideration, I confirm that thanks to you we understand that the scripts need to be located on a shared location, however what is the recommended steps to configure Jira to search in that location?

As per; https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/6.13.1/jira/ it details to specify a 'script root' via jvm args. 

In the interim, we have symlinked the [local_home]/scripts directory to a shared location on each cluster node, which appears to work.

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

Hi Paul,

I can confirm that the way published in the documentation is the best way to configure this and is the way we would recommend.

I can also confirm that you can see details of how to configure the JVM settings for a Jira instance the Atlassian page located here which you may find useful.

If you require further assistance with setting this up, then I would advise raising a support ticket here so that one of my colleagues in the ScriptRunner for Jira Server team can advise you on how to best configure this on your server. 

Regards,

Kristian

Paul Romanus November 16, 2020

Thanks Kirstin

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2020

Hi Paul,

Look in cluster.properties to see where the shared home is located. Cheers!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events