Is it possible not to truncate a web-item ?

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2018

Hi,

I have created a web-item located in operations-top-level. The menu text is longer than usual, and as a result is truncated (see linked screenshot). 

Is it possible possible to display the whole menu text ?

Thanks,

Antoine

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

I do not think that is possible, but maybe someone else has a different opinion. I think JIRA does this by itself. Maybe someone from Atlassian can be of more help.

Sorry!

Dyelamos

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2018

Alright, I will find a workaround, thanks for your quick answer.

Another quick question : Is it possible to put the web-item at the bottom of the dropdown list and separate it with a line (same as the one separating "Create test session" and "Delete") ?

Thanks for your help,

Antoine

image.png

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

When you add a web item try to fill the weight field with 1000. The weight field influences the order.

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2018

I have tried a lot of different weights, but none is working. The web-item stays at the top.

Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2018

This might have to do with the fact that they are different sections!

You can't move weight in between sections, only within the same div.

You might want to change the section, but I'm not sure we support every section in that sub-menu.

Cheers!

Dyelamos

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2018

Thanks for your answer. I guess top will do fine. :)

One last question I just came up with : Is it possible to add a screen to register a comment upen triggering a web-item (similarly to displaying a dialog) ? 

Thanks

Antoine

Kiran October 18, 2022

Hey, have you found a work-around for that truncation problem?

Like Antoine Berry likes this
Kiran October 18, 2022

If so, please could you share it here? In case you still have it with you. :)

Like Antoine Berry likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events