Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read values from columns of a SQL Query

Tito Vilchez September 25, 2019

Hi:

I'm using the "Resources" option from script runner add on. I've successfully connected to my local database and get rows from a database custom view.

Now I want to read these values to update some custom fields of issues returned in SQL query and re-index these issues, so I could search and find them with filters that use the updated custom fields.

My script is:

import com.onresolve.scriptrunner.db.DatabaseUtil
import org.apache.log4j.Logger
import org.apache.log4j.Level

def log = Logger.getLogger("com.acme.CreateSubtask")
log.setLevel(Level.DEBUG)

def c_1 = DatabaseUtil.withSql('local') { sql ->
sql.rows('select issue_id,dupu from nc_issues_pusu_v')
}

log.debug c_1

This script shows in log:

2019-09-25 02:19:59,312 DEBUG [acme.CreateSubtask]: [{ISSUE_ID=10323, DUPU=1}, {ISSUE_ID=10324, DUPU=1}] 2019-09-25 02:19:59,312 DEBUG [acme.CreateSubtask]: [{ISSUE_ID=10323, DUPU=1}, {ISSUE_ID=10324, DUPU=1}]

I want to read row by row and update the custom field "DUPU" with its value for each issue_id.

Please help me.

Regards,

Tito.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Tito Vilchez October 7, 2019

Hi @Alejandro Suárez - TecnoFor

Finally, I solved my issue using Script Runner Escalation and Standard Automation combined. No need to update custom fields via DB updates. Thanks for your interest.

Regards.

0 votes
Alejandro Suárez - TecnoFor
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 7, 2019

Hi @Tito Vilchez 

I strongly not recommend you to update customField values directly in DB. You can use the jira java api to do this with scriptrunner.

This is because the relations in tables that they have internally and the usage of indexing in Jira.

Check the class CustomFieldManager and update your issues with it.

Maybe i missread the question here. If thats so, could you explain better what do you want to do?

Regards

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events