How to edit viewable by all users to project user group for Assign and Comments fields

Garden16 January 14, 2022

How to edit 'viewable by all users' and Change it to our custom project user group for Assign and Comments fields.

I would like to change this to  my custom 'User group'  only. How do I change this for comments and Assign  system fields.  How to edit the default 'viewable by all users' to default it to our project team  project 'User group'

This feature is seen in Assign and Comments fields

Viewable by all users.PNG

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2022

Hey @Garden16_ 

Not sure what exactly you are asking, like editing the "Comment Restriction" --> Viewable by all Users option should pick up groups ?

But let me explain what we can change with this option, so by default this is configured to pick "Project roles" so that one can restrict comment visibility and worklog comments too.

There is way to change this drop down to show jira groups along with project roles. So this way you can add comment visibility to groups too .Check out this kb to do same https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/add-restricted-comments-on-jira-962353957.html

These are the only configurations with this option other than this if you are trying to achieve something it wont be possible.

Hope this helps !! 

Regards,

Vishwas

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events