Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a scripted or calculated field to capture the date an issue was first assigned?

Sean Miller August 15, 2022

I have a need to capture the date that an issue was first assigned to a person. I recently installed ScriptRunner in an attempt to create a scripted field or listener  hat will achieve this, but have had no luck. 

I attempted to use the script found here but, discovered that this is for Jira Server, not Jira cloud. I made some updates to the script in an attempt to get it working for cloud, but had no luck. 

Has anyone ever had success in doing this? Can you share how you went about creating it? 

I'm relatively new to Groovy scripting, and mostly unfamiliar with the Jira Rest API. 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2023

Hi @Sean Miller 

Did you find a resolution to this question? If not, have you considered using native Automation instead?

You could:

• Create a custom Date or Date/Time Picker
  • Use Automation to populate it

---

The rule might look something like this:

• Trigger: Issue Assigned
  • Condition: Issue Fields Condition
    • Field = <Custom Date Field>
    • Condition = is empty
  • Action: Edit Issue
    • Field = <Custom Date Field>
      • Value = {{now}}

---

A few notes on this rule:

• I added the Condition to ensure the field is only updated once - i.e the first time the Issue is assigned.
  • The Action uses a smart value - {{now}} - to set the date/time dynamically. To see more date/time smart values, see this help page

---

Let us know if this is useful!

Ste

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events