How do you change the TC Version when executing test cases?

Anthony Fulgencio November 6, 2018

Hi, I am new to using the Tests functionality in JIRA. I was assigned to takeover one of the intern's roles who was previously overseeing this awhile back.

There are test cases that currently exists, and I figured out how to execute version test for different platforms. However, we recently updated the software to a 2.0 iteration, so I have created a new test script for version 2.0., and updated the steps accordingly.

My issue is that I cannot seem to change or showcase the 2.0 version in the list of test cases to run execute it. It only shows 1.0.

How do I resolve this issue? Thanks for your support!

JIRA TC Issue.png

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2018

Hi @Anthony Fulgencio,

since this is no plain Jira functionality, could you please tell us, which test app you are using in Jira?

Hi Thomas, 

I just did some digging, and it looks like it is the test management app provided by Adaptavist.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/vendors/81/adaptavist

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2018

Great, I moved your question to the right destination and tagged it with the app. So the chance is higher, you'll get an answer. 

Unfortunately, I do not know this app and can't help you.

Like Anthony Fulgencio likes this

Thanks sir.

I actually just did some digging on their specific platform support documentation site. I think I figured out how to resolve my issue.

Thanks again Thomas!

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2018

Great, you‘re welcome, @Anthony Fulgencio

Sasha Gupta November 4, 2019

hi @Anthony Fulgencio  Can you please provide the solution?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events