cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I replicate Scriptrunner Behaviours in Jira Cloud Projects

Heather Ronnebeck
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2022

I am working on a situation where the user has requested that I make fields mandatory based on other fields being marked with a specific value during the ticket creation phase. 

On Server, I would have used the Scriptrunner behaviours functionality to achieve this. I understand this isn't available in cloud. Is there a way to do something like this in Cloud with Scriptrunner?

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2022

Behaviours does not yet work on Cloud, due to constraints on the platform, not Adaptavist coding!  We're working with Atlassian to get it supported though.

For now, you will have to look at alternatives - validators to check input and return people to the data screen with a warning about what they've done wrong, or seeing if you can automate the action that the Behaviour is trying to get out of the user.

Heather Ronnebeck
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2022

I will explore this to see what I can do. It isn't mission critical if I can't get it to work, but it is a nice to have for the team. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2022

Hi @Heather Ronnebeck

We had the same issure and had to use another plugin.

You can try jmwe event based actions. You can customize a validator that checks that fields are not empty based on separate conditions. Try the plugin and contact their support team. They are very good at getting back.

Regards

Heather Ronnebeck
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2022

I'll take a look at the plugin. I might be able to install it if the cost is right.

Heather Ronnebeck
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2022

This might work. I can't install it because of the cost, but thank you for the suggestion.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events