Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Dynamic Select of custom field values

Hi,

I am using a Jira Software project, wherein I have a custom field as Tags. I want to apply dynamic selection of values for this field based on the component selected. For example, if I select ABC in component field, then under Tags field it should give me an option to select only the values associated with ABC and if I select ABC and XYZ as components then the Tags field should display the list of values fall under ABC and XYZ for seleection.

2 answers

0 votes

This sounds like you have used Scriptrunner's Behaviours on Server in the past.

Cloud does not yet support the ability to write Behaviours for Cloud, so you can't do it at the moment.

So we do not have any option to customize fields in cloud?

Correct.

At least, not yet.  (And you can do some stuff with forms, in some types of project)

Okay, will try that. Thank you

Hi

You can do it by Automation Rules i think.

in component/s select the value you want.

in edit issue select a field you want add value's there.

Component.PNG

I don't think this will work as this will run once the issue is created, I want to put the condition while creating the issue.

Yes this will run once issue is created then its my wrong understanding 

Yup! tried that option, anyways thanks for your input.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

307 views 0 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you