Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Scripts migrate as a part of Jira server Migration

M Vijay Kumar November 18, 2019

Hi Team, 

I am trying to migrate from one Jira server to another, its just that Source Jira has some configurations made with Script runner, when I export this configuration into new Jira instance does all Scripts migrate or scripts should be manually configured. please do let me know. 

Thanks,

Vijay 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2019

All in-line scripts will be included with your database export (whether you use xml export or native db export tools).

If you have any scripts stored as files in the <jira-home>/scripts you'll have to make sure you also copy those files.

M Vijay Kumar November 20, 2019

Hi, 

When you say In-line scripts, does it also includes scripted fields and behaviors ?

Thanks,

Vijay 

Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2019

Any configuration and code/script that you typed directly in a code editor (as opposed to pointing to a script file) will be included in the backup.

This includes scripted fields and behavior configuration.

Most of those settings are stored in the application properties system

If you go to the "System Information" page in the admin menu, search the page for "Behaviour" and "onresolve" and you will see all those settings stored there along with all the other Application Properties.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events