Custom field which will capture Date and Time stamp when given condition satisfies

Rakesh N June 3, 2021

All,

I need to create one custom field in JIRA which will capture Date and Time when value of other three fields set to '1'.

Details:

So whenever drop down of "Prioritization Business Impact", "Prioritization Severity" and "Prioritization Work Around" set to "1", new field should capture date & time of that moment.

How can I do this?

Thank You.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jia Jie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2021

Hi @Rakesh N ,

You can create a file in ScriptRunner Script Editor with the below script:

def cf1 = getFieldByName("CUSTOM_FIELD_NAME1").getValue()
def cf2 = getFieldByName("CUSTOM_FIELD_NAME2").getValue()
def cf3 = getFieldByName("CUSTOM_FIELD_NAME3").getValue()
def date = getFieldByName("DATE_TIME_CUSTOM_FIELD")

def currentDate = new Date()

if(cf1 == "1" && cf2 == "1" && cf3 == "1"){
date.setFormValue(currentDate.format("dd/MMM/yy h:mm a"))
}

Then, create a ScriptRunner Behaviour and add this created Script Editor file to your three Single Select List fields. Please remember to map the Behaviour to the correct projects and issue types.

Rakesh N June 3, 2021

Thanks for quick reply.

I could create Behaviour & mapped that to correct project and issue type.
But not understood part which says, add this created Script Editor file to your three Single Select List fields.

I will have to create one new custom field and then that field needs to add in this behaviour?

Thank You,
Rakesh

Jia Jie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2021

Hi Rakesh, 

What I mean is to apply the script to that three drop-down fields ("Prioritization Business Impact", "Prioritization Severity" and "Prioritization Work Around").

For example, create a file in the Script Editor named test.groovy. 

Then, edit your Behaviour > Add Fields (search for Prioritization Severity) > Add server-side script > Select the "File" tab > enter "test.groovy".

Repeat the steps for another two drop-down. 

Rakesh N June 5, 2021

That worked!

Thank you so much for quick response and clarification.

Regards,

Rakesh

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events