Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cucumber import appears to ignore steps and examples

jkindler September 9, 2020

When importing JSON files generated by Cucumber I expected that the option autoCreateTestCases=true would not only create the test case object, but also create the steps in the case and match success for the outcome in the execution object(s). That does not happen. I could understand that for JUnit imports as steps are not available, but  Cucumber reports have steps and steps have outcomes. So I wonder why they are ignored.

As I am using Cucumber with scenario outlines and examples, I am even more surprised that an example does not match to an execution, but there is only one execution. So the mapping appears to be on the outline level.

Am I doing something wrong here or does it mean that the cucumber endpoint is not able to deal with steps and examples ( meaning that I would have to write my own importer ) ?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Katy Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2020

Hi,

We recommend moving this question and tagging SmartBear on it as Adaptavist no longer owns Test Management for Jira. Learn more.

Please direct your TM4J Server/DC queries to tm4j-server-support@smartbear.com or TM4J Cloud queries to tm4j-cloud-support@smartbear.com. You can also visit their general support portal

Kind regards,

Katy

Adaptavist Product Support 

Jürgen Kindler October 12, 2020

Thanks Katy.

I am clarifying how to pass the wall / gate of the support page.
( As I think, we should have corporate support here ... )

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events