Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create object with attributes as reference

Abhimanyu Gadroo October 3, 2017

I'm using insight custom field and insight referenced custom fields in my project. In the project i have added a groovy script to create object in insight as soon as issue is created. Following code :

def cfObjectTypeAttributeBean = objectTypeAttributeFacade.loadObjectTypeAttributeBean(312); 
def cfObjectAttributeBean = newObjectBean.createObjectAttributeBean(cfObjectTypeAttributeBean); t
def cfObjectAttributeValueBean = cfObjectAttributeBean.createObjectAttributeValueBean();
cfObjectAttributeValueBean.setTextShortValue(issue.getCustomFieldValue(ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObject(10247)).toString());

values = cfObjectAttributeBean.getObjectAttributeValueBeans();
values.add(cfObjectAttributeValueBean); // Add the value to the object attribute
cfObjectAttributeBean.setObjectAttributeValueBeans(values);

objectAttributeBeans.add(cfObjectAttributeBean); // Add to the list of object attributes
}

/* Set all object attributes to the object */
newObjectBean.setObjectAttributeBeans(objectAttributeBeans);

/* Store the object into Insight. The new ObjectBean will be updated with an unique ID */
try {
newObjectBean = objectFacade.storeObjectBean(newObjectBean);
log.warn("newObjectBean: " + newObjectBean);
} catch (Exception vie) {
log.warn("Could not create issue due to validation exception:" + vie.getMessage());
}

Capture.JPG

The Overall results is as above. However i want the system attribute to be referenced with system ID. If i change the attribute type to object it runs without any error but no output is there.

3 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Arianna Fabbri July 21, 2020

@Abhimanyu Gadroo 

have you had the chance to solve this issue? Thank you in advance

Arianna

Abhimanyu Gadroo July 21, 2020

@Arianna Fabbriapologies , I forgot to add note here. Its been so long and I guess I found a workaround to this.

Thanks everyone

0 votes
Eric Collins September 11, 2018

Do you have a full working example of this? I am trying to accomplish the same thing. 

Arianna Fabbri July 21, 2020

Hi @Eric Collins

had you been able to do it? :)

Thank you

Arianna

0 votes
Abhimanyu Gadroo October 4, 2017

Anyone?

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2017

Hi, 

If I have understod this correctly, there should be another method you could use:

setReferencedObjectBeanId(Integer referencedObjectBeanId) instead of setTextShortValue

But this has to be the id for the referenced Object to set for that attribute.

Does that make any difference? 
Best Regards
Alexander

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2017

You can look at the documentation at https://insight-javadoc.riada.se/insight-javadoc-5.0/ for the MutableObjectAttributeValueBean

Abhimanyu Gadroo October 12, 2017

Hi

I just noticed how show sum function is working. Isnt there any way to filter objects basis on this sum? IN IQL? And then use sum function to update any attribute?

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2017

Hi,

No, we don't currently have any sum function in the IQL that can be used. For more information on what can be done using IQL take a look at https://documentation.riada.se/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=13573623

Best Regards
Alexander

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events