Create-Issue (section) on Script Fragment

Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2018

Hi All,

I'm trying to show an info message on Create Issue Screen using Script Fragment by Scriptrunner. Can someone lead me an example on how to do it? I didn't see anything on the Scriptrunner forum, I already enable web profiling but I didn't see any Panel location on Create Issue Screen. Thanks!

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2019

Hey @Alvin

There is no panel location possible on the create issue screen. 

Have you thought about possibly adding an Info message to a specific field? Say the summary? You can use HTML to make the text below different sizes and color. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 5.32.27 PM.png

OR 

Are you looking for something like a behaviour to fill out the description with info field upon the creation of ticket? This behaviour below will set the description field to have whatever info/text you want to display there. 

/*
* Code to be placed as an initializer function
*/

// Get a pointer to the description field
def desc = getFieldById("description")

// Get a pointer to the issue type field and get its value
def issueType = getFieldById("issuetype")
def issueTypeVal = issueType.getValue()

// If the issue type equals issuetype ID
if (issueTypeVal == ****) {

def defaultValue = """
h5.Example Text:
h5.Example Text:
h5.Example Text (opt.):
""".replaceAll(/ /, '')

if (!underlyingIssue?.description) {
desc.setFormValue(defaultValue)
}
// If any other issue type ID is returned set the description to a blank value
} else if (issueTypeVal != ****) {
desc.setFormValue(" ")
}

Hope this helps! 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2019

@Alvin  

Did this answer your question? 

Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2019

Hi @Brittany Wispell ,

I need to have a button or link that will redirects the user to servicedesk when he/she clicks the link/button.

Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2019
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events