Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choose assignee during creation of sub-task post function

Edward Greathouse August 10, 2018

I have a transition screen with a custom field (with type, User Picker (single user), I called it "Internal User"). I also have a post function for this transition that creates a sub-task. I would like the post function to set the assignee of the sub-task to the custom field value of "Internal User". 

Here is what I have so far:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser

def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()

def customfieldname = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Internal User")
def valueofcustomfield = issue.getCustomFieldValue(customfieldname) as ApplicationUser

if(valueofcustomfield){
issue.setAssigneeId(valueofcustomfield.username.toString())
}

The new sub-task is being created, but it is unassigned every time.

I am using script runner version 5.4.12.

I am using JIRA version 7.10.2.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2018

Hi Edward,

The method you are calling to set the assignee (setAssigneeId) is expecting a user id as its parameter and you are giving it a username instead. I would suggest using the setAssignee method instead, like so:

issue.setAssignee(valueofcustomfield)

Also make sure that your post function (the one, that creates sub tasks) is placed last in the post functions list in your transition. That way you'll ensure that it's executed after your main issue has been updated with the value for your custom field and so the assignee of your sub task will be set correctly.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events