Cannot create issue due to scripted post function

Constance Hua (Private) August 11, 2018

Hello
I have written a script to auto-create a ServiceDesk customer on issue creation (as I cant create a Jira user). 
It takes the E-Mail from a custom field and the full name from the summary, then it checks if the user exists and if not, it will create it. This part works by itself, on the console and on the post-function.

Now I add the part where I assign this new customer to the current issue.
I search the user by email from email custom field and return the user "name" which is then used to set the reporter.
This works on the script console but whichever workflow post-function I attach it to, it just won't let me create a new issue with an existing customer.

Says:
"We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the log file."

And of course on Cloud I cant access the log file!

Thanks in advance for your help
Constance

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Neta Elyakim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2018

Can you send the code -> that you create the ticket in service desk with the customer as the reporter and the part you try to take existing customer?

Also, after you add the jira user as service desk customer do you add him to the service desk project as a customer ? (please note that there is a difference between them -> adding customer and adding a customer to the service desk project)

Thanks.

Neta

Constance Hua (Private) August 15, 2018

Hello Neta,

This resolved by itself, sadly I have no way to understand how it has been resolved... But thanks!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events