Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i create a Scriptrunner Script Field in which the value from an attribute of an Insight Object?

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2021

Hi,

Is it possible to create a Scriptrunner Script Field in which the value from an attribute of an Insight Object linked to an issue is displayed/copied?

If possible, I'd like some tips on what code I should use to determine the attribute value.

Regards, Marco

3 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2021
Leonie C_ Breitmoser August 30, 2021

Thanks @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ , that helped a lot.

0 votes
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2021

Also, I'd question why you think you need to extract and duplicate this information.

If you just want to easily view the information when viewing an issue, you can make sure the attribute is selected in the insight custom field as suggested by @Uday Kiran Bhaviri .

If you want to be able to find issues based on an attribute value in a linked object, I'd look into the jql function iqlFunction() (this is the cloud page, I can't find the server page but it works the same way).

If you need the data for reporting, then one of the link suggested by @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ should help you. But you may also want to look into insightManager or this article I wrote

0 votes
Uday Kiran Bhaviri August 30, 2021

Hi @Marco Brundel 

Also you can use the insight custom fields to select/show the object attributes in the Jira issue.

https://documentation.mindville.com/insight/5.0/insight-administrator-s-guide/insight-custom-fields 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events