Some of our newer projects have been set up in the new Next Gen format but we cannot figure out how to update the Project Lead. There isn't' anything in the project settings which is where it is with older boards. Does anyone know how to update this?
Hi @Chris Shelmerdine,
As far as I am aware there is no Project Lead in Next Gen projects.
Instead you can navigate to Project Settings > People and assign the person you want to be project lead to the project administrator role.
Hope this helps
Hello all,
For those of you who would like to see this feature, please make sure you are voting on the feature request below:
We see your comments here and your feedback and appreciate it, but commenting +1 will not contribute to the votes per our policy on Implementing New Features.
By voting on the feature request, your opinion is counted and you will automatically be added to the list of watchers so you can receive updates on this in the future.
Thank you for your understanding!
Regards,
Shannon
Hi Danny,
I have a next gen project that I've created for a team that has my name listed as the Project Lead when I go to the View All Projects page. I'd like to change this to the team lead and also create the default that assigns "Unassigned" issues to the Project Lead. This this possible yet with next gen projects as it is with the classic projects?
Hi @Monique Matthews,
Unfortunately it is not, or rather I have not seen this functionality in Next-Gen projects.
There does not seem to be a Project Lead with a default assignee setting as such, instead Next-Gen projects currently rely on 3 role types only; Administrator, Member, and Viewer.
Got it thanks!
The person who created the project shows up as the project lead even though there are three administrators. You really need to be able to SET the project lead... deleting my VP as an admin is not politically feasible yet it appears to be the the only way to make me lead of my own team.
Being able to set this would be very useful. I setup a project for a team who I have no involvement with but now I'm stuck as the Project Lead even though I'm not!
x2 on this point.
Same here, if I setup a project I am stuck as Project Lead. Next-gen projects have a lot of issues this being one of them.
We are facing same problem. Where could we change the project lead? It's important.
Frustratingly, it isn't possible yet. See 'accepted answer' above.
+1
+1 on this.
Agreed
Me to - annoying it cant be changed
+1wtf?
Everyone, besides comment, please vote
@Shannon S ": how many votes required to get something shipped...??
This for me is now the only way to change a project lead on next-gen:https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Ultimate-agility-the-ONLY-way-to-change-a-Next-Gen-Project-lead/ba-p/1296695#M1232
Hi Andy,
There's no particular set number of required votes. It all depends on a combination of the factors listed in the article I shared above, our Implementation of New Features Policy.
+ 1
Okdioki! Thanks @Shannon S
use this: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222170/classic-settings-for-next-gen-projects?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
+1 vote
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.