Hoping to change an admin's username, however, I can't seem to find where to edit the user name.
Since there is no edit button, clicking on the user's name I get to https://ourorganization.atlassian.net/admin/users/view?username=myusername. Neither email nor username are editable on this screen.
And from id.atlassian.com, I can only change the full name and email, not username.
Read https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-rename-the-admin-user-on-a-JIRA-Cloud-instance/qaq-p/444199 and https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/How-do-I-change-the-admin-username/qaq-p/176431 both of which say you should be able to do this, but I can't find how.
Atlassian has removed the ability to edit usernames in JIRA cloud.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog/2018/06/say-goodbye-to-usernames-in-atlassian-cloud
See the blog linked above for more details.
Thanks, Kian
Thanks, hope since they are phasing it out, they update how we @ someone so it doesn't use their username.
Is there any plan to remove the visibility of existing usernames in comment fields when working with @User Fullname?
As by now, the @User Fullname gets replaced with @username and that is very weird since the first user always gets the name "admin" and that will show up on various places
Totally weird to have admin in JQLs that is simply pointing to a user. Also this shows up in some notifications (email/slack) which makes the asignee or mentioned person not understandable/readable from the notification
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.