Once i've created a new filter (and save), it's impossible to share it... Option seems to be not activated
Hi @William Bouzy,
is the global permission "Create Shared Objects" activated? You can find it there:
http://<your-jira-url>/secure/admin/GlobalPermissions!default.jspa
Yes it is!
Maybe you got a similar problem described here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Cannot-share-filters-at-all/qaq-p/387401
Which group has the permission to share filters in your instance?
jira-users and administrators group have permission... that's why i do not understand
have you tried removing the administrators group - this was the problem in the question I linked to above
yes... i tried 2 mn ago. no change
do you see this when you click on the details-link of your filter:
yes, but when i click on 'Edit Permissions' I see no way to change the status from 'not shared' to 'shared with...'
Are you able to share anything else? A dashboard or any other filter?
no, i'm not... really strange
Sorry, that I'm asking questions again and again. I'm trying to get near to your problem...
Are you a member of "jira-users" group or just "jira-administrators"?
no pb for asking question... you're welcome! I'm member of both groups and membre of admin-site
Is anyone else able to save and share a filter in your Jira?
I've also pointed other Community Champions to your issue, maybe they have another idea.
Admin - General configuration - what is the setting for:
Allow users to share dashboards and filters with the public
@Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_ thank you - sometimes you don't think about the most basic things...
Yup, and that's why another set of eyes (a community)...helps!!
Hi Susan, yes it is active
Did you search shared filters to see if anyone else has been able to share filters? Or is just you?
yes, i found filter created by other people... And i can't share board too.
Under Security - Global Permissions - Create Shared objects
check who has permission
hmm, it's 'jira-users'
I"m afraid I'm stumped. What version are you on?
cloud version : v434269ef
@Thomas Schlegel, I think we need to bring this to Atlassian. I've run out of ideas.
... And, anyway, thanks for your help Susan and Thomas.
Hi @William Bouzy
Sorry to hear there are problems here. Have you tried to view this page when using private/incognito mode in your browser? I ask because I came across another support case that reported a similar problem and in that case they found that a browser extension to block ads on webpages was inadvertently hiding the element on the page in order to share this filter. Typically when using this incognito feature of the browser, the user extensions are not loading into the browser, so it might be worth trying to better understand the cause here.
If that doesn't help, then I'd like to create a support request with our Cloud support team to investigate this further. I could do this on your behalf, however, I am not certain what your Atlassian Cloud site URL is, and that is information our Cloud support team would need to help out here in case the problem is on the server side of things. Please let me know that information. Alternatively you can visit https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ and create a support request that way if you select Technical issues -> Jira -> Cloud and complete those fields.
I ran into an exact same issue as @William Bouzy , it was also due to an browser extension.
Bingo! I've desactivated brower extension and it works fine now! Many thanks. It's much more usefull now to work with Jira
@William Bouzy - great you found the problem!
THat's great, and thank Andrew, I would never have know that one!!
You're my hero. Turned off Ad Block on my jira instance and what do you know? I can share filters and dashboards!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.