I’m working on packaging-related projects at Silver Edge Packaging, where a single project can sometimes involve several rounds of artwork, content, review, and production changes.
For example, a custom cereal boxes project might start with an initial design, then go through content changes, artwork revisions, approval, and final production.
I’m trying to figure out the cleanest way to manage this type of work in Jira.
- Do you create separate issues for each revision?
- Do you use subtasks for design, content, review, and approval?
- How do you track which version is currently approved?
- Is it better to keep everything under one parent issue?
- How do you handle tasks that are waiting for client or internal approval?
- Do you use custom fields to track revision numbers or production status?
I’d be interested in how other teams structure Jira when a project has several related stages and revisions without making the issue tracker too complicated.