I received this "post" in MS Teams from Jira Cloud. Our Agile leader has no idea what it or why I received it:
Hello and welcome to Atlassian Community @Rick Sheeley
That doesn't looks like phishing and is probably related to new functionality https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-articles/Turn-any-Microsoft-Teams-conversation-into-Jira-work-with/ba-p/3280876
Best
Arek 🤠
Hi @Rick Sheeley
Welcome to the community!
I dont think its phishing. I suppose itthe official Jira Cloud app for Microsoft Teams doing its first-time setup for your channel.
When someone installs (or re-installs) the Jira Cloud integration in a Teams channel, the bot sends exactly this kind of message, it's asking you to confirm which Atlassian site it should connect to for creating and updating work items from that channel.
Ref - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/get-started-with-jira-cloud-and-microsoft-teams/
@Ajay _view26_ @Rick Sheeley
Yep and also lately some functions get updated.
I appreciate the responses.... but it DOES look like a phishing message...... Atlassian seems to think that these "weird" messages are fine, but one of these days a good hacker is going to exploit them......
I disagree. It looks EXACTLY like a phishing message....
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.