A few updates ago all my tickets issues work items started opening up on the left side of Jira, sliding out and smooshing everything in Jira to the right side of the screen after I made the work item, now I need to do an extra click after I make every work item to close the work item I just wrote. (the toast with the see link was actually the perfect feature for making a work item, here, not sure why this was killed)
Then any Confluence page I opened that was linked as a page doc in Jira opens on the left as a side out panel, now I have an extra click to get in to Confluence from Jira for no reason.
Then I go to Confluence and find out that anything that is linked back to Jira uses this slide out and I have an additional click to get back to Jira from Confluence.
I get showing these side by side could be useful but as of now this slide out is showing up in so many unwanted ways, and so often I am about to call the cops on it. The absolute kicker on this is that the slide out isn't big enough to work in and it can't be expanded.
I am the site admin, I cannot find any setting for this, how do I get this side out to either (1) go away for ever or if I can't get rid of it (2) open a little wider so its useful.