Need help combining and converting string values (stored as HH:mm:ss) with date value (yyyy-mm-dd)
- I have a custom field (issue.customfield_11248) which is storing a string for time (StartTime). {format: string}
- I have another custom field (issue.customfield_11124) which is storing a the date (StartDate). {format: date}
- I have another two custom fields for EndTime and EndDate (issue.customfield_11250 and customfield_11125)
- The mask for entering data into the string field is HH:mm:ss
I need to calculate the days, hours, minutes and seconds between start date/time and end date/time, in a Jira Service Desk automation, and to populate that value into another customfield for "duration"
As a first step I tried concatenating the time and date fields using:
{{issue.customfield_11124.concat("T").concat(issue.customfield_11248)}}
But this first step failed with:
"Unable to render smart values when executing this rule:
Too many numbers or variables: d h m s"
I'm not a developer, and stumped how to progress... can anyone shed any light/insight?
---
Update:
The field I was trying to populate (StartDateTime_GMT_Concatenated) with the concatenated values was of the incorrect type. This has been changed to a string value. While I can populate StartDateTime_GMT_Concatenated with two strings, i can't populate it with a date + string. So need to figure out how to convert issue.customfield_11124 into a string