Hello community,
I'm trying to set up an automation rule so that when a Task (red) is created, it automatically copies specific field values from the related Requirement (green).
🔧 Current setup:
Trigger: Work item created
Then a condition: Request Type = Tarea SC
After that, I use a Branch rule with a JQL query to find the related Requirement (via the "is blocked by" link type).
Inside the branch, I use an Edit work item action to copy values from several custom fields.
✅ Expected behavior:
When the Task is created, the following fields should be automatically filled with values from the Requirement:
❌ Actual result:
These fields remain empty. They show up as “None”.
📎 Evidence attached:


🤔 My question:
Am I missing something in the rule logic?
Is it possible that the way I'm referencing the linked issue's fields is incorrect?
Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
the JQL that is not working apparently:
issue in linkedIssues({{issue.key}}, "is blocked by") AND "Request Type" = "Requerimiento SC"


👉 Final note: The automation doesn't necessarily have to follow this exact sequence of steps. My main goal is for the “copy” fields in the Task to inherit the values from the original fields in the linked Requirement.
If anyone suggests a simpler or more effective approach, I’d be happy to consider it.